While New Zealand isn't a large country, and often traffic is light, you do need to know the rules in order to drive safely. Some differences are obvious;
- We drive on the left.
- Distances are in kilometres not miles.
- Not all roads are sealed.
- Many bridges are one lane only, you need to know who has right of way.
Take a few minutes to download and the the two leaflets 'Driving In NZ' and 'Whats Different About Driving in NZ', they contain a wealth of information to help you stay safe and keep on the right side of the law.
Also, check out;
And watch the videos;
- Driving In New Zealand - Video at bottom of page.
- Ride Smart. Read the Road - Video at bottom of page.
- Motorcyclists are required to wear a safety helmet at all times.
- Motorcycles must keep their headlight on 'dipped' at all times during daylight hours.
Check out the two videos below, lots of useful information :-)
Like this article, why not share it with your friends?